A British backpacker has been left furious after her bunk mate unplugged her phone and battery pack in favour of charging his own.
The incident happened at the King Street backpackers in Melbourne late last night.
Caroline Gough explained: “both my phone and my portable charger were running low on juice so I plugged them into the electrical socket just before I went to bed. About 15 minutes later, the guy who had the bunk beneath me came in and went to bed. At the time I thought nothing of it.”
However it has now emerged that soon after the bunk mate entered the room, he unplugged Miss Gough’s electrical equipment, causing her phone battery to dwindle to 9%
Miss Gough said “I’m lucky the phone lived long enough for the alarm to go off. If I’d known he was going to do this, I definitely wouldn’t have wasted so much phone battery playing Boggle last night.”
Miss Gough who would usually show consideration for her sleeping room mates when checking out of a shared room early in the morning instead stropped about noisily, muttering words like “selfish” and “inconsiderate” in combination with several of her most favourite Great British expletives in the general direction of her sleeping bunk mate.